Understanding and Working with Canine Behaviour:
Accredited Dog Training & Behaviour Open College Network OCN Level III Qualification
6 month Tutor Supported Correspondence Course
When does the Course start?
You can book and start this course straght away.
As soon as we receive your booking you will receive your welcome pack and your first Unit.
Who is this Course for?
Those that are committed to keeping their canine and training knowledge as up to date as possible. Those that are considering or are already established Dog Trainers that appreciate the need to understand not only the mechanics of how dogs learn, but also their development, emotional responses and relationship with the environment. Students that appreciate the need to apply knowledge to real life case studies.
An in-depth look at how dogs learn covering both Operant and Classical Conditioning and how it can be used in the real world, to help you train dogs and their owners and modify behaviour successfully.
The course covers:
- How dogs were domesticated and how human intervention could have affected their behaviour
- How this development drives the way we work with dogs and how we can use this as part of any training or behaviour modification plan
- The development of puppies including, weaning, socialization, early learning and the potential effect on future behaviour
- Operant Conditioning, (in detail) how it works and how this can be applied to teaching our dogs successfully
- Pitfalls and safety issues in training dogs
- Classical Conditioning, the basics; as well as more complex approaches to behaviour problems that you may encounter
- Conditioned Emotional Responses in behaviour modification, how to create and maintain these properly and thus increase the dogs mental wellbeing and physiological health
- The owner; their behaviour and beliefs and how this effects the learning environment
- The environment and its effects on learning in dogs and owners
- How this all relates to ‘real life’ case studies
No feedback for this course yet.
Listen to a selection of songs performed by LEVEL THREE 6 Months. Learning, Motivation and Reinforcement.