Duration: 1 hour & 15 minutes
This is a webinar presentation by Dr. David Ryder plus
a 45 minute conversation between Steve Mann & Dr. David Ryder targeting the most common obstacles dog trainers hit when trying to motivate owners.
Book now to watch when you're ready, as frequently as you want to!
Presenter: Dr. David Ryder
David Ryder is a now retired Clinical Psychologist.
He worked with the National Health Service in Scotland before emigrating to Australia where he worked with a State Government Department before taking a position with Edith Cowan University. He specialised in alcohol and other drug use and related problems and one of his clinical and research interests was in motivation and motivational interviewing.
The skill to increase and maintain client motivation towards dog training is one of the biggest challenges for today's dog trainer
This webinar, presented by now retired Clinical Psychologist David Ryder explores avenues such as:-
- How we can best understand motivation
- Enhancing Owner motivation
- Motivational Interviewing techniques
- Framing and reframing questions
- Reflective listening
- Q+A session bewtween Steve Mann & David Ryder discussing the common objections and solutions
- Family members with differing wants
- Clients that don't 'believe' in your methods or reinforcers!
- Clients not listening
- "Yeah buts.."!
- Clients not finding time to practice
- Realistic expectations (client to owner + owner to client)
You will receive TWO videos
*'Owner Motivation' webinar presented by Dr. David Ryder
*Q+A session between Dr. David Ryder and Steve Mann exploring owner motivation techniques
Once booked, you will receive a link to the presentation to watch as often as you like, whenever you like!
No feedback for this course yet.
Listen to a selection of songs performed by Owner Motivation.